Rover handles Out of Order (OOO) and Out of Service (OOS) rooms in different ways. See details below:
- Rover deducts OOO rooms from the property's room availability.
- OOO rooms do not show up on the room assignment screen.
- Putting a room in OOO will affect the property's occupancy and revpar calculations.
- OOO rooms will display with a gray room number on the Room Diary page.
- Rover does NOT deduct OOS rooms from the property's room availability.
- OOS rooms will display for selection on the room assignment screen.
- OOS rooms do not affect the property's occupancy or revpar calculations (or any other statistics).
- OOS rooms will display with a gray room number on the Room Diary page.
NOTE: Previously, guests could be checked into OOS rooms. Under current functionality, guests are unable to be checked into a room that is OOS. An error message will now display when attempting to check a guest into an OOS room in the same way as with OOO rooms.
For more information about updating room status to OOO or OOS, see this article.