Applies to: Rover PMS Rover Overlay
Update Room Status to Out of Order / Out of Service
The ability to update one or multiple rooms' statuses to Out of Order or Out of Service can be performed from the Room Status page in Rover PMS. Follow the instructions below to place a room in Out of Order or Out of Service status. You can learn even more about Out of Order and Out of Service rooms here.
Step 1: Navigate to Room Status Page
- To place one or multiple rooms into Out of Order (OOO) / Out of Service (OOS), navigate to the Room Status page.
- Start selecting the Sidebar Menu > Housekeeping > Room Status.
Step 2: Choose a Room
- From the Room Status page, select the room number that needs to be placed into Out of Order / Out of Service from the list view.
- Or use the search box to enter the desired room number.
- Note that you can select multiple rooms at once and update the rooms' housekeeping status (clean, dirty, etc.) or service status (OOO / OOS) with the pencil icon that appears after selecting the box beside one or multiple rooms.
Step 3: Use the "Room" Tab
- Next, select the Room tab located in top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the desired service status for the room by using the drop down menu.
Step 4: Specify Date, Reason, or Add Comments
- Select the desired date range, reason, or add a comment (optional) as to why the room is being placed as Out of Order/Out of Service.
- If previously configured, a list of reasons will appear in the drop down menu as this example illustrates. Click here to learn more.
Step 5: Select Update
- Click the Update button located at the bottom of the screen to submit your Out of Order/Out of Service request.
Step 6. Status Updated
- When viewing the room from the Room Status page, you will notice that the "end date" (the date the user selected from the calendar when putting the room into OOO / OOS) will now display.
- The end date indicates the last day the room is anticipated to be listed as OOO/OOS in Rover. (In cases where there are multiple OOO/OOS dates assigned to the room, only the end date for the most current period will display.)
- When the room reaches the end date set by the user, the room will be released back into the room inventory.
- Your property's Out of Order / Out of Service reasons are customizable.
- To configure these settings, select the Sidebar Menu > Settings > Rooms > Maintenance Reasons.