Overbooking Restrictions with Direct APIs
OVERBOOKING RESTRICTIONS WITH DIRECT APIs:
- Rover can successfully accept overbookings from connected CRS's (Synxis, Windsurfer, TravelClick, etc.).
- However, at this time, it is not possible to overbook inventory in Rover PMS using 3rd party APIs.
- For example, if the CRS has zero availability but continues sending Rover bookings, we will accept these bookings and continue to overbook the hotel.
- When the CRS supports oversell functionality (which allows the users to intentionally overbook), then the CRS would continue to send Rover PMS bookings (which the PMS will accept).
StayNTouch is able to push timely updates to the CRS; however, we cannot control the messaging speed between the CRS and OTA(s).
Here are a few suggestions we can offer:
- Run a re-sync between your CRS and SNT.
- Close out the availability in Rover PMS via the Rate Manager when you are close to 95% booking capacity.