Direct Key Integrations (RFID Keys)
Key Vender Guide
The following article depicts Salto, Saflok, and VingCard's installation steps for RFID keys within the key vendor's portal.
This guide is for RDIF keys, not MSR keys. The information presented here should be treated as ancillary, reference material. Installation requires the assistance of a representative of the key vendor. Contact your key vendor directly for the most up-to-date information regarding key setup in their systems.
- Note that setup MUST happen in Rover as well as in the key vendor's portal (supporting material here).
- It is of critical importance that the Version Supported and Key Card Type Supported match the information outlined for each key card vendor.
- Additionally, mapping of rooms is sometimes required for key integration with StayNTouch. Mapping information can be found under Settings > Interface > External Mapping in Rover PMS.
Click to Jump to a Certain Section:
- Version Supported: Salto version 12.xx+
- Key Card Type Supported: MiFare 1K/MiFare Classic or Tagit
- Version Supported: Saflok Version 4.0+
- Key Card Type Supported: MiFare 1K/MiFare Classic
- Version Supported: Ving VisionLine 1.16+
- Key Card Type Supported: MiFare Ultralight or MiFare Ultralight C
Version Supported: Salto version 12.xx+
Key Card Type Supported: MiFare 1K/MiFare Classic or Tagit
The following steps will be performed by a Salto installer. An on-site StayNTouch installer can assist with these instructions.
Step 1. Enable Communication with the PMS
- In Salto, navigate to System > General Options > PMS.
- Check the box beside the correct protocol.
- Then, click modify.
Step 2. Enter Port Number
- Type the port you will use to communicate with the SALTO server.
- This can be any port being used; it does not have to be 8090.
- The Limit communications to one server should be checked with the SNT IP address of 220.127.116.11.
- Choose OK.
Step 3. Ensure Ethernet Encoder = Dongle
- In devices, make sure an Ethernet encoder is selected as a Dongle.
- Why? This encoder encrypts the data before sending it to the cloud.
- To verify this, navigate to Tis in System > General Options > Devices.
- On the Dongle encoder, choose any of the Ethernet connected encoders.
- Note: This cannot be a USB connected encoder.
- Select which Encoder ID you will be using to read the SAM Key.
- You can select each encoder and have it read the SAM key; however, only one needs to be done.
Step 4. Verify Setup with the SAM System.
- Navigate to System > Sam & Issuing Options.
- Under Active Keys, make sure you select the correct key card (MiFare 1K/MiFare Classic or Tagit).
- Then, click the pencil icon.
- Below the Memory section, check sectors (in green) 5 to 15 for the Mifare Classic 1K. For the Mifare Classic 4K click 35 to 39.
- Click Read Sam Card at the bottom right and put the SAM card (1692 Integrtion tables#3) on the SALTO encoder.
The SAM Key Card needs to be successfully read by the machine via one of your networked key encoders. These are the basic steps the installer needs to perform to set up the interface with Rover PMS.
- Log in with admin rights to the Salto Key server.
- Proceed to System > General Options > PMS. Set up the industry standard and input the port we need to reach (ideally 8090). You can limit the communications to one server of 18.104.22.168.
- From the Devices section, ensure that one of the ethernet connected encoders is selected as a Dongle encoder (this is found in System > General Options > Devices).
- Using the SAM Key, navigate to System > SAM & Issuing Options. Once set (per the details in Step 4 above) click READ SAM CARD with the SAM Key resting on the encoder selected.
Please have the property's IT contact reach out to the SALTO installer if in doubt, as these are steps provided by Salto for use of the SAM Kit.
Once this is setup and the property has the the public IP address for their Salto key server, please share it with your Rover Implementations Specialist, so we can set up things from our side.
We are looking for the Public IP on (preferably) port 8090, which allows incoming access from StayNTouch IP: 22.214.171.124.
Version Supported: Saflok Version 4.0+
Key Card Type Supported: MiFare 1K/MiFare Classic
NOTE: We also Interface with Saflok/Kaba Atlas service. Kaba Atlas will need to confirm exact version of software for this service: /ATLASKLIWS/MessengerPMSService.asmx.
The following steps need to be performed between the 3 parties (i.e., the Hotel IT, StayNTouch installer, and Saflok installer)
- For Saflok Setup, you will need a public IP address for your keys server. To specify, you will need a public IP that has been mapped to a private IP.
- Saflok/Kaba typically recommends access to this IP over Port 80.
- StayNTouch needs the Saflok installers to install the following: LENSPMSWEBSERVICE.
- This can be done both by their installers or their support team.
- Once service is installed, we will telnet to confirm access to the IP address. Once successful, proceed to setup key integration with Rover using the following URL: http://XXX.XX.XX.XX/lenspmswebservice.
- The "XXX.XX.XX.XX' will be replaced with with the public ip address of your key server.
Version Supported: Ving VisionLine 1.16+
Key Card Type Supported: MiFare Ultralight or MiFare Ultralight C
The following steps will be performed by a VingCard installer. An on-site StayNTouch installer can assist with these instructions.
Use the information below to to enable StayNTouch's interface.
PMS encryption key:
PMS_KEY_BLOCK_LENGTH = 16
This will be provided by VingCard.
Follow these steps to apply the option code:
- Login as a Visionline Administrator at the server.
- Go to Tools.
- Navigate to Option Code.
- Paste the highlighted code above into the Option Code field. Make sure you do NOT copy any empty spaces before or after the code.
- Click Apply.
- You may be prompted to enter your Visionline Administrator credentials again.
- A pop-up will inform you that the option code was accepted successfully.
- You can now click Close.
There is an area for devices. The Device Details will require StayNTouch's IP address: 126.96.36.199