Restrict Post Toggle
The Restrict Post setting appears on the Stay Card and manually controls whether or not users (and connected interfaces) can post new charges to the guest’s bill. Because it is a permission-driven feature, certain users can still opt to add charges, even if the toggle is set to restrict postings (see Permissions section below). Also, once the End of Day sequence begins running, charges will post to the guest’s bill regardless of the toggle's ON/OFF setting on the Stay Card.
- The toggle is ON when it is right facing and displays in red.
- An ON setting will prevent charges from being posting to the guest’s bill (either by an interface or manually with the Add a Charge button).
- The toggle is OFF when it is left facing and displays in grey/white.
- The OFF indicates that users and connected interface can post new charges the guest’s bill (either by an interface or manually with the Add a Charge button).
- From the Settings > Hotel & Staff > Permissions, users can assign or un-assign this permission.
- Users with this permission CAN manipulate the toggle icon (ON or OFF) on a per-reservation basis.
- When attempting to post a new charge, the user (as well as connected interfaces) will still receive a notification that posting charges has been disabled for this reservation; however, they can opt to proceed with posting if necessary.
- Users with this permission CANNOT use the toggle icon (ON or OFF) on a per-reservation basis.
- When attempting to post a new charge, the user (as well as connected interfaces) will be prohibited from adding new charges.
No Payment Method?
- If a payment method has NOT been added, the toggle icon will not appear for selection on the Stay Card.
- This setting is NOT tied to the balance on the account or the current authorization on the guest’s credit card. The intended outcome for this toggle is to only limit users and interfaces from posting new charges to the guest’s bill.
End of Day
- Charges will be posted during the End of Day sequence, regardless of the setting on the Stay Card.