Rover PMS allows designated users to create a Company Card that can perform many essential functions, including retrieving the card during reservation creation, configuring the card with contract rate(s), and using the card to track accounts receivable information. This guide covers how to create a Company Card in Rover PMS from start to finish.
Step 1. Navigate to Company & TA Cards
- Login to Rover.
- From the Dashboard, select the Sidebar Menu > Revenue Management > Company & TA Cards.
Step 2. Create a New Card
- Select the Search Bar to being typing directly into the space.
- Begin typing the name of the company to prompt Rover to:1. Search for an existing company card.2. Or create a new company card.
- Create a new card by selecting the +Add New button once you’ve entered the company name into the Search Bar.
Step 3. Choose Company
- Select an option depending on if you’d like Rover to save the card for a Company or Travel Agent.
o For this example, we will be creating a Company Card.
Step 4. Enter Company Info Details
- Begin entering the company details into the blank spaces under the Company Information section.
- Be sure to include the business’s:1. Name2. Address3. Contact Information (phone number, email address, and office address)4. Webpage
Step 5. Enter the Extended Company Details
- Of critical importance is ensuring that the Company’s corporate details are entered correctly while on the Contract Information tab. Be sure to enter details for the following fields:1. Extended Company Details■ Corporate ID and Tax ID2. Primary Contact Details■ Name, phone number, email address, etc.
Step 6. Add Notes (Optional)
- There is also a Notes tab if you’d like to include any additional notes to be shared with your team internally.
Step 7. Create AR Number (Optional)
- While on the Contact Information tab, below the Extended Company Details section, there is a Create Account button.
- You will want to select the Create Account button to assign an AR Number to the Company Card.
As a result of selecting the Create Account button:
o A new tab will be created in the header of the card titled - AR Account.
o Rover will auto-assign a unique AR Number OR allow the user to create an AR Number for the card (this functionality is determined by your property's Rover settings).
o The AR Number allows for the property to direct bill the company. Only when an AR Number is assigned, can direct billing occur.
o The AR Number created here will appear on the guest's invoice as well.
- On the AR Account page, you may choose to:
o Allow Direct Billing
o Add AR Notes
o Include Address Details
o Enter a Number for the Payment Due (Days):
■ This field indicates the payment “due date” between the hotel and the company.
Based on the number entered in this field, the property will automatically compensate
the company after the guest checks out and “x” number of days have passed.
Step 8. Add Billing Information (Optional)
- Next, if you'd like to configure bill routing for the card, select the Add Billing Information button from the right-side of the Contact Information tab.
- The Billing Information is split into two sections: Entity and Details
Use the Entity section on the left to:
From the Details section, you may choose to manage the:
Step 9. Save / Cancel
- Make sure to Save your changes, or click the Cancel button to exit out of the pop-up window for Bill Routing.
Step 10. Open Contracts Tab
- When the Company Card details are defined (i.e. Contact Information and AR Number), navigate to the Contracts tab, to configure the contract rate with the company card.
- Now, you are ready to assign a rate to the Company Card. Click here to get started.