ADD GROUP RATE TO GROUP
Under Rate Classification, group rate type can be created and will then be available in the Group Summary screen of the Group Module. When an existing rate is selected from the Group Summary screen, results will include both Group Rates as well as any contract rates of attached travel agents or company cards for the selected time frame.
Once selected, this will automatically populate the rate. And
on the Group Room block pop up, only room types that have configured values for the selected rate will be available. On the grid, occupancies that have configured values will be available to add to the room block.
GROUP ROOMING LIST
Rooming list will include a column for the Room Rate with the exact amount of the nightly rate for each reservation.
AUTO GROUP ROOM ASSIGNMENT AND CHECK IN
New functionality has been added to expedite group room assignment and check-ins.
GROUP ROOM ASSIGNMENT
On the Groups Rooming list, selecting ‘ASSIGN ROOMS’ will initiate mass room assignment of all reservations listed within the group. After confirming where it specifies 'Assign Rooms to x reservations for Group y?' the system will auto-assign available room numbers and display them as part of the group rooming list.
Alternative room assign options on group:
- Mark individual reservations on the Rooming list and select Assign Room.
- On the small edit of the rooming list, upon clicking the down arrow for room number, show a list of 5 available rooms of the reservation's room type. User can select a room number from here. Selecting it will assign the room to the reservation. If no rooms are available, room list selection will not have any values.
GROUP CHECK IN
Similarly, selecting 'CHECK IN' on the Groups Rooming list will initiate mass check-in of all reservations listed within the group's rooming list provided following conditions are met:
- Guest Name added
- Room number assigned
- Arrival is for today's date
- Room status is ready
Alternative check in options for a group:
- Mark individual reservations on the Rooming list and select Check In. If some or all reservations do not meet the above conditions, a message will display the list of reservations where check in was not successful.
- On the small edit of the rooming list, activate the 'CHECK IN' button only if above conditions are met. When active, user can initiate check in from here.
- Group check-ins will be done without guest signature or agreement to terms.
- Key creation will not be initiated on Group Check In.
ZEST WEB EARLY CHECK-IN UPSELL
Generate even more revenue with Zest Web! Early Check-in Upsell functionality is now available at hotels using Pre-Check-In with Auto Check-in.
When a guest enters an estimated arrival time that is earlier than the hotel's check-in time, the 'Early Check-in' page will display. This page will inform the guest of the standard check-in time and give them an option to 'Purchase Early Check-in' for an additional amount or 'Change Arrival Time'. If the guest opts to purchase, Rover will post the specified Early Check-in charge onto the guest's bill automatically.
Also, the 'Early Check In Report' will track revenue generated.
Note: To add the Early Check-in Upsell enhancement at your hotel, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional web template pages will need to be created to support this feature.
Early Check-in Setup
A Hotel Admin user has access to manage the following options.
- Go to Menu -> Settings -> Promos & Upsell -> Upsell Early Checkin
- Create up to three early check-in start times and prices
- Specify charge code used to auto-post Early Check-in fee
- Turn Upsell Early Check-in ON / OFF as needed
- Limit total number of early check-in upsells allowed per day
- Specify type of bookings (based on Rate Code, Room Type or Block Code) that can bypass being shown the Early Check-in offer and proceed with check-in without an upgrade charge
GUEST SELF CHECK-OUT via URL
Even more guests will be able to use Zest Web to check-out. In addition to the web check-out email, StayNTouch can now provide a hotel-specific URL that guests may visit to enter their stay details and check-out.
To make it easy for guests to access the Zest Web Check-out page, it will be possible to customize the URL and even create a QR code. Encourage guests to use Zest Web by placing collateral with the web check-out URL or QR code in guest rooms and public areas such as the lobby, hotel shuttle, etc. In addition to increasing your hotel's web check-out conversion rates and freeing up your staff, more guests will be exposed to the late check-out offer, when available, generating even more revenue.
Note: In order to offer Web Check-out using a URL at your hotel, please submit a request to email@example.com. The web template page needs to be created to support this feature.
Check Out feature has been added to help reduce room status discrepancies that stem from due-out guests leaving the hotel without actually checking out. A 'Check Out' option has been added on the Housekeeping Room Details - Guest screen for rooms that are due-out today, that are still occupied. When a due-out guest has already vacated the room, but in the system, the room shows as still being occupied, housekeeping staff will be able to check the room out.
Note: For successful check-out by housekeeping, there has to be a zero balance or payment method on file (credit card, direct bill). If there is a credit or balance due on the account, the front desk will need to handle the check-out.
ROOM STATUS BATCH UPDATE
It will now be quick and easy to update the status of multiple rooms at the same time.
- Go to Housekeeping -> Room Status
- Use the filter to search for rooms with certain criteria
- On the list view of rooms, mark the box at the top right to select all rooms or mark boxes for individual rooms
- Use the purple Room Status Update icon to batch update room status for the selected rooms
Ability to classify rates has been added. Rate classification will determine the way the rates will display during the reservation process and what fields will be available in the rate creation process. System defined Rate Type name and description name will be editable since the Rate Classification will drive the type of rate.
Default system defined rate types include:
- BEST AVAILABLE RATES -> PUBLIC
- CONSORTIA RATES -> CORPORATE
- CORPORATE RATES -> CORPORATE
- GOVERNMENT RATES -> CORPORATE
- GROUP RATES -> GROUP
- MEMBERSHIP RATES -> SPECIALS
- PACKAGE RATES -> PUBLIC
- RACK RATES -> PUBLIC
- SPECIALS & PROMOTIONS -> SPECIALS
RATE ORDER IN RATE MANAGER
In the Rate Manager, the 'Order By Filter' can be used to list rates in specified order on the Dashboard.
- Lowest (default) to highest
- Highest to lowest
- Rate (excluding Corporate, Consortia, Group or Government classifications)
RATE MANAGER ACTIVITY LOG
An Activity Log has been created for the Rate Manager, similar to the Activity Log on the Stay Card. Access the log for each rate directly from the rate date queried in Settings -> Rates.
Log will include all price updates and restriction updates for each rate and room type for each date by user with date, time and activity type (i.e. RESTRICTION UPDATE, PRICE UPDATE), activity details, Rate Name, Date Range, Room Type and Occupancy.
CREATE RESERVATION WITH PROMOTION OR MEMBER
In Admin, under Rates the new 'Promotions' section can be used to create a range of promotions which may be turned ON/OFF. Each promotion can also be linked or unlinked from one or more rates provided and will be reflected in the promotions field under rate setup.
One or multiple rates can be linked to a promotion as long as the rate is active and has valid rate date sets for the period specified in the promotion.
When creating a new reservation:
- Promotions is turned ON:
While creating a new reservation, it will be possible to enter a Promotional Code and search for all rates linked to that promotion within the respective time frame that it is valid and active. Also, the rate will be adjusted by the respective amount / percentage from quoted rate amount, if filled.
When either Loyalty or Frequent Flyer Program is turned ON:
- If the 'Member' box is checked, it will be possible to select 'Type' of program (Hotel Loyalty, Frequent Flyer Program, etc. based on what is setup and being used at the hotel).
Please note: Member number will be recorded in the Stay Card details, but it will not be validated.
Also, if a promotion code is not valid for the selected time period or has expired, the rate should be displayed as CLOSED rate. User will be able to view the rate by clicking Show Closed rates (if permission is present) and will see the rate with the following restriction 'Promotion Invalid'.
RESERVATION DEPOSIT TYPE
When a deposit rule exists against the reservation, and deposit:
- Has not yet been paid, the reservation type will show as 'Deposit Requested'
- Has been paid in part or full, the reservation type will change to 'Deposit Received'
PRINT CONFIRMATION AND CANCELLATION LETTER
It is now possible to print confirmation and cancellation letters from the Reservation Summary screen and the Stay Card. When opting for Print, the confirmation letter will open in a print dialog which can be printed or saved.
NOTE: 'Attach Cancellation' letter is needs to be turned ON in Settings -> Hotel -> Stationary for this to work. If setting is OFF, then the print option in the pop-up will not be there.
Rover will provide a system generated number for cancelled reservations. This number will display on the cancellation letter and can be used to search for the reservation.
REINSTATE CLX'D RESERVATIONS
On the Stay Card of a cancelled reservation, there will be a 'Reinstate Reservation' button if the departure date is for a future date. The system will do an availability check for all the selected reservation criteria the same that it would be done when updating a reservation.
If availability does not exist for some or all criteria, response will be ‘No Availability to Reinstate Reservation' with an option to 'Find Rooms & Rates' or ‘Confirm Overbooking.’
Note: At the time of reinstate, if a room number had been assigned to the reservation and it is still available, it will also be reassigned. If that room number is no longer available, no room will be assigned.
HIDE RATES ON GUEST STATIONARY
Option to omit the rate from being printed on registration cards and the confirmation letter is available. It can be applied to both individual and group reservations as needed. Doing so will not suppress the rate from being viewed in Rover, it will only hide the rate from being printed on guest stationary.
Note: Defaults will be unchecked for all individual reservations and checked on group.
Places where the 'DONT PRINT RATE' option is available:
- Reservation Summary: Reservation Confirmation page above the Guest email address entry field.(default unchecked)
- Registration / Guest Bill: Also on the Stay Card. (next to Reg Card button on the registration screen or guest bill screen) (Default is for box to remain checked if it has was checked during the reservation process, which will apply to a confirmation letter reprint.
- Group Rooming List: When checked, it will apply to each reservation that is part of the rooming list and apply to batch print of the registration card.
he guest facing stationary will be affected the following way:
- Confirmation letter: Will not show ADR, Total Stay Cost, or Package amounts. Only names should be displayed. Hide deposit information.
- Registration Card*: Will not show Average Daily Rate, Rate, Tax & Add on price. Add On name remains.
LIST VIEWS INCLUDE ROOM TYPE
List view displays from the dashboard for Arrivals, In-house, Departures and search results now show the room type name.
SPLIT GUEST BILL
A guest bill can be split up to five times and apply individual payment methods. Splitting a bill will not update the main selected payment method on Guest Bill or Stay Card. Also, if the user cancels mid-way, the already processed payments will remain deducted and the remaining amount will be the new outstanding amount on the bill.
RATE ADJUSTMENT REPORT - New report has been added.
DEPOSIT REPORT - Now displays each transaction separately for the same reservation, and shows a split view between outstanding balance and payments
ARRIVALS REPORT - Has been reformatted and will print to scale. It will also include:
- Add On and pricing
- Payment and card type: AX, MC, etc.
- Last 4 digits of credit card