Locked Out of Rover?
A Rover-user will be locked out of their account after three consecutive failed login attempts, and a lock icon will appear on the user's account (Settings > Hotel & Staff > User Setup). Locked users cannot log back in until they reset their password.
Password Reset Instructions
When a Rover-user is locked out of their account because of a password error, Rover auto-sends an email from email@example.com with a link to reset the account's password. This email is delivered to the email address associated with the account and contains a temporary password and link to create a new password.
Follow these instructions to create a new password:
- Make sure to EXIT out of your current Rover browser/app.
- Locate the no-reply StayNTouch email from your inbox.
- Copy the temporary password from the body of the email.
- Select Click here to Unlock Your Account in the email.
- Enter the temporary password into the Current Password field.
- Type a new password.
- Re-type the new password to confirm this change.
- Your new password needs to be at least 8 characters.
- Have at least one letter and one number.
- Be different than the last 3 passwords used.
- Click the green Reset My Password button.
Option: Temporary Password Unlock
Alternatively, a Hotel Admin can trigger a password reset by clicking the lock icon that appears on the user's account from the User Setup page.
The Hotel Admin will then be prompted to enter a temporary password and select Reinvite. The Reinvite button will deliver an email to the account owner with a temporary password and a link to unlock the account.