Data Exchange Between Rover and SiteMinder
The idea of 2-way interface between Rover and SiteMinder is a bit misleading. It means both systems are sending data to each other; however, the traffic flow is not 1:1 between Rover and SiteMinder.
Availability updates are sent only from PMS to CRS. Rover sends availability updates with changes of inventory (e.g., new reservations, called reservation, room Out of Order, etc.).
RATES AND RESTRICTIONS
Rates and restrictions are sent only from PMS to CRS. Rates created in Rover and configured in the channel manager will be sent to the CRS.
SYNCHRONIZE RATES AT RATE CREATION
To successfully synchronize rates at the time of the rate creation, the recommended process to allow data to be successfully published to the CRS is as follows:
- Build the rate in the CRS.
- Build the rate in Rover. The rate code used must match in both systems (unless a translation table is used, in which case, the translation must be defined prior to step 3).
- Publish the rate by adding the new rate code in the Rover channel manager.
AFTER INITIAL UPLOAD
Rates are updated only if the following are true:
- A rate change is made in Rover rate manager or a change is made in the Rover rate code details and pushed to the rate manager.
- A rate sync is triggered on the Rover side.
Please note, if the rate codes (and the rooms associated to the rates) DO NOT match the rate code exactly, they will automatically move to "not active" in Rover channel manager and will stop sending updates. Any room type mismatch will also cause the availability updates sent by Rover to fail
New reservations, updates, and cancellations are sent only from the CRS to Rover.