When a new rate code is built or room types are changed on existing rate codes, the room type view on the Rate Manager will no longer show the restriction display without clicking into the field; however, the restriction is not actually being removed. Please note, there are eight types of restrictions that exist in Rover, which are as follows. Restrictions may vary by CRS.
- Closed: Indicates an outright closure of the hotel.
- Closed to Arrival: Indicates the hotel can take stay dates that are going to continue and stay over a specific date, but you cannot arrive on that date.
- Closed to Departure: The hotel will not accept any departures on a particular date.
- Maximum Advance Booking: How far in advance you can book a room.
- Maximum Length of Stay: Maximum length of time a guest can stay.
- Minimum Advance Booking: How far in advance a booking must be made at a minimum.
- Minimum Length of Stay: How long a guest must stay based on their arrival date.
- Minimum Stay Through: If a hotel has a reservation that is impacted by a particular date, this will indicate the number of nights a guest must stay through.
Below is a reproduction of how restrictions are displayed in Rover:
All room types were closed for May 19.
This in turn shows all rates as closed:
Then build a brand new rate code (NEW RATE) with all of your room types:
When you return to the Rate Manager with the room type view, it "looks" like your restrictions were removed:
However, if you click into the grid, you’ll see the closed restriction is still in place:
If you look at the RATES view, the red X from ALL RATES is gone—this is because we have a new rate code (NEW RATE). New rates do not inherit existing restrictions.
If you try to make a reservation for May 19, you will only be able to select NEW RATE:
Therefore, the existing restrictions are not actually being removed. The NEW RATE is visible on the Rate Manager without a restriction, but existing rates still display their restrictions.
HOW TO CLEAR RESTRICTIONS
To clear closed restrictions in Rover, select the green OPEN ALL button on the Rate Manager page.
As you can see in the screenshot below, this cleared all closed restrictions for the selected date range. Please note, there is no guarantee this will work, because if you have hundreds of rate codes for a long date range, Rover may timeout, because it has to remove restrictions for all rate codes and room types for a long period of time. We will discuss a solution to this later.
To clear all restrictions for a date range, you can click into the one of the gray squares to the left of ALL RATES, then any action you complete will apply to all rates. Simply enter the parameters you would like to apply in the popup window, hit SET, and the action will apply to the entire selection.
Please note, any restrictions you have added from the rate code setup level will need to be removed from rate code setup and not to Rate Manager. To do so, navigate to Settings > Rates > Rates > Select the Rate > Rate Details > RULES & RESTRICTIONS and delete the restriction(s) in place.
Upon navigating back to the Rate Manager, you will see that all the restrictions have been cleared.
As mentioned earlier, sometimes if you have hundreds of rate codes, the system may timeout. If this happens, you can click on the rate code from the Rate Manager screen to be directed to a screen with all the room types for that rate code. From here, click the gray box to the right of ALL ROOMS TYPES to remove restrictions for the entire range. This will show the same popup as before, where you can configure the parameters desired.
Upon indicating these parameters, your restrictions will be cleared as indicated for that rate.