Guests may request to pay for all of their charges prior to checkout. When this occurs, the property needs to generate an Advance Bill. You may want to reference our How to Send a Pro Forma Invoice article here (as this will be the best option for printing an invoice for an Advance bill guest).
Reporting/Finances: Generating an Advance Bill will cause the revenue to look inflated on that day. Any report that pulls financial data will appear inflated, since typically the revenue recognition gets spread out over the guest's entire stay. For example, if a guest was staying for 10 days and the property generates an Advanced Bill, all of the room and taxes for those 10 nights will post on the first night. Nothing posts after that.
Rover Overlay: To generate an Advance Bill, perform this step in OPERA.
CREATE AN ADVANCE BILL
- Locate the checked-in guest's Stay Card.
- Note the guest must be checked-in (stayover status) in order to set up the Advance Bill.
- Proceed to the Bill & Charges screen.
- Select the wallet icon.
- Rover will automatically prompt the user to Create an Advance Bill.
- Select Post Room Charges.
- Choose Cancel to postpone paying the bill until a later time.
- Or select Make a Payment to collect payment from the guest now.