CRS & External Mapping
External mapping is the process of defining certain interface specific values in StayNTouch Cloud PMS. These values can include, but are not limited to, charge codes, market codes, add-ons, source codes, etc. Mapping ensures that StayNTouch Cloud PMS can "read" or "translate" messages as they are sent/received between StayNTouch Cloud PMS and an interface.
For example, StayNTouch Cloud PMS receives a reservation with a market code that has not been mapped in our system. As a result, StayNTouch Cloud PMS will either display (1) incorrect information or (2) blank information on the reservation.
To summarize: If a code/value is not mapped in our system, StayNTouch Cloud PMS will fail to recognize unmapped information.
HOW TO MAP CODES
Note: In this example, we demonstrate an external mapping in TravelTripper OTA. Mapping in your interface may be slightly different.
Step 1. Access External Mapping
- Under Settings > Interfaces > External Mappings, locate the interface you need to map.
- Select the interface.
Step 2. Choose + Add New
- From the Interface's sub-section, choose + ADD NEW.
Step 3. Add Your Mapping
- Enter enter information based on the prompts you see:
- MAPPING TYPE: Make a selection from the dropdown menu.
- SNT VALUE: Choose (or enter) a value.
- This is the StayNTouch Cloud PMS value.
- SNT = StayNTouch
- EXTERNAL VALUE: This should be a value/code the interface uses.
- This is interface specific.
- Click SAVE NEW MAPPING.