External mapping is the process of defining certain interface specific values in Rover PMS. These values can include, but are not limited to, charge codes, market codes, add-ons, source codes, etc. Mapping ensures that Rover PMS can "read" or "translate" messages as they are sent/received between our PMS and an interface.
For example, Rover PMS receives a reservation with a market code that has not been mapped in our system. As a result, our PMS will either display (1) incorrect information or (2) blank information on the reservation.
To summarize: If a code/value is not mapped in our system, the PMS will fail to recognize unmapped information.
HOW TO MAP CODES
NOTE: In this example, we demonstrate an external mapping in TravelTripper OTA. Mapping in your interface may be slightly different.
Step 1. Access External Mapping
- Under Settings > Interfaces > External Mappings, locate the interface you need to map.
- Select the interface.
Step 2. Choose + Add New
- From the Interface's sub-section, choose + Add New.
Step 3. Add Your Mapping
- Enter enter information based on the prompts you see:
- Mapping Type: Make a selection from the dropdown menu.
SNT Value: Choose (or enter) a value.
- This is the Rover value.
- SNT = StayNTouch
External Value: This should be value/code the interface uses.
- This is interface specific.
- Click Save Mapping.