How to Configure Group Rates
Configuring a Group Rate will make the rate easily accessible during creation and management of the group's reservation. Learn how to configure a group rate below.
Note: This rate configuration is ideal for government, military, and any other tax exempt groups that need a tax exempt charge code associated with the rate.
HOW TO CONFIGURE A GROUP RATEStep 1. Navigate to Rate Type Page
- From the Menu, click Settings > Rates > Rate Type.
Step 2. Create Group Rate
- Click + Add New.
Step 3. Name Your Rate
- Name your Rate Type.
- Select Group for the Rate Classification.
- Click Save Changes.
Step 4: Toggle On
- Make sure to set the toggle to ON.
Step 5. Navigate to Rates Page
- From the Menu tab, select Rates > Rates.
Step 6. Create New Rate
- Click + Add New from the Rates page.
Step 7. Define Your New Rate
- Enter the Rate Details.
- The Name, Description, Type, and Charge Code are required.
Step 8. Complete Room Assignment
- Select the Rooms you'd like to assign to this Rate.
Step 9. Set Dates for Group
- Specify the Date Range you'd like to make this Group Rate available.
- Once your dates are set, select Configure Rate.
Step 10. Define Rates for the Rooms
- Enter the median or average rate amount you'd like applied to the rooms.
- Additional edits (increasing/decreasing rates) can be made from the Rate Manager page.
Step 11. Select Back to Rates
- Once you are completely done creating your new group rate, select the Back to Rates button.
Great Job! You've Just Created a Group Rate!
- Now, you will want to create a Group for this Group Rate. Click here to learn more.
- Or, if you've already defined your Group, you can begin making reservations by selecting Menu > Front Desk > Create Reservation.
CONDITIONS FOR A RATE TO APPEAR IN A GROUP
For a rate to appear in a group, it must meet the following conditions for one of three group types:
1. Corporate Reservation: This is the reservation to which a Company Card is attached. The rate code should have a rate type that is classified as CORPORATE. To add a corporate rate, navigate to Settings > Rates > Rate Types > +ADD NEW.
2. Group Reservation: This can be accessed from Groups > New Group OR Manage Group. The rate code should have a rate type that is classified as GROUP. To add a group rate, navigate to Settings > Rates > Rate Types > +ADD NEW.
3. Public Reservation: The rate code will be classified as PUBLIC and is for the general public; thus, the reservation is not associated with any Corporate or Group Reservations. To add a public rate, navigate to Settings > Rates > Rate Types > +ADD NEW.