Data Reflected in the Nationality Statistics Report
The Nationality Statistics Report reflects nationality figures by guests and room statistics. Below is an explanation of the data that appear in this report.
- Guests Arrived: Number of actual guests who have arrived or checked in.
- Rooms Arrived: Number of actual rooms with a status of arrived or checked in.
- Guests Checked Out: Number of actual guests who have checked out or departed.
- Rooms Checked Out: Number of actual rooms with a status of checked out or departed.
- Guests In-House: Number of actual guests who are In-House. These are the people who have checked in earlier and are still considered stayover guests.
- Rooms Occupied: Number of actual rooms with a status of In-House. These are the rooms that were checked in earlier and still have guests.
The difference between guests and rooms is that guests refers to adults and children in a room; whereas, rooms refers to physical rooms.
So if a room checked in today with 2 adults, the report will show the following:
- Guests Arrived: 2
- Rooms Arrived: 1
The same logic applies to Guests/Rooms Checked Out and In-House.
When reporting Guests/Rooms In-House, Rover uses the following calculation:
- Sample Reservation 1: 3 guests x 3 nights = 9 Guest Nights
- Sample Reservation 2: 2 guests x 8 nights = 16 Guest Nights
- Sample Reservation 3: 2 guests x 3 nights = 6 Guest Nights
Therefore, 9 + 16 + 6 = 31 Guest Nights.
For Room Nights, Rover calculates the data as follows: 3 + 8 + 3 = 14 Room Nights