Promo codes are useful when creating reservations that qualify for a specific rate. Scroll down to learn how to:
(Part 1) Create/assign a promo code
STEPS FOR CONFIGURATION
Step 1. Create a Rate
- In Rover, promo codes are assigned to rates.
- You will need to assign a promo code to a unique rate.
- If you don't already have a rate setup, learn how to configure a base rate here.
Promo Code/Rate Functionality:
- If you assign a promo code to a rate, the rate will only appear for selection when a user enters the associated promo code.
- Promotional rates are not available for daily use (they are dependent on their promo code; the promo code must be entered during reservation creation [illustrated in Part 2 below]).
- For this reason, we strongly recommend creating a unique rate that will be used strictly as a promotional rate.
A Note About Discounts:
- Rate vs Promo: You can choose to set the discount on the rate (and then set the promo to 0% discount) OR you can set the discount on the promotion.
- Either way, be sure you only apply the discount to one of these (the rate or promo) - or you will end up duplicating the discount's amount.
- In this example, we will be demonstrating applying a discount to the promotion.
Step 2. Setup the Promotion
- Next, navigate to Settings > Rates > Promotions.
- Enter the following details for your promo code:
- Name: Assign a name to your promo.
- From Date / To Date: Enter a start date and and end date that the promo will be available.
- Description: Describe the promotion.
- Discount Amount: Apply a percentage amount (10%, 15%, etc.) Do make sure the rate itself does not already have a discount (or you will be applying a double discount to the reservation).
- Discount Type: Set to percentage.
- Assign: Drag and drop the rate(s) you would like to assign this promo code to.
- Add: Make sure to click Add at the bottom of the page.
Step 3. Enable Promotions
- Verify that the promotion toggle is set to ON.
CREATE A RESERVATION WITH A PROMO CODE
Step 4. Create a Reservation
- In Rover, select the Sidebar Menu > Front Desk > Create Reservation.
Step 5. Enter the Promo Code
- Enter the promo code during the reservation creation process in the space provided.
- From the Room & Rates page, the promotional rate will appear under the Recommended tab.
- The note promotion should appear beside the rate.
Step 6. Confirm Reservation
- Lastly, make sure to confirm your reservation.
- Watch our video to see the reservation confirmation process.