Group Deposit Function

I am trying to figure out how to charge an admin fee for a future group event. I don't see an option as of right now. Essentially I assume it could work like a room reservation where the card is charged as a deposit, but doesn't get reflected until the event for accouting purposes. Any guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Comment

SNT Team

Hi Joey,

In my experience, most hotels would wait to post an administrative fee / any revenues until the group arrives.

You can take deposits on group accounts (created when the group is created) via the Transactions tab. Any payments processed will sit on the deposit ledger and will only move to the guest ledger when the group's arrival date comes around.

You might find this groups webinar that was recorded and posted to the Knowledge Base helpful - particularly the part that starts at 25:10 related to the Transactions tab - posting charges, reviewing charges, and deposit transactions: https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/24000066325-groups-webinar

Login or Signup to post a comment