Promo Code

I built a promotion in SNT, but I think I am missing something. It is  "Stay 4 Nights and get the Fifth Night Free". It looks like the only option for a discount is percentage. Do I need to add it somewhere?

1 Comment

SNT Team

Hi Jennifer,

There isn’t a way to automatically make one night $0.00 as that would negatively impact your reporting, so the best way is to apply a BASED ON discount across all nights on a separate promotional rate code so that you can track production on it.
To figure out the BASED ON discount amount, the math is:
  • NUMBER OF PAID FOR NIGHTS ➗ NUMBER OF TOTAL STAY NIGHTS = PERCENTAGE THE GUEST SHOULD PAY

• 1 - PERCENTAGE GUEST SHOULD PAY = DISCOUNT AMOUNT

EXAMPLE: Stay 4 nights get the 5th free:

• 4 ➗ 5 = .8

• 1 - .8 = .2

• .2 = 20% discount

You would create the promotional rate code as a Based On rate minus 20% which applies a 20% discount to all 5 nights which equals 1 night free.

Real life example of the above math: If all nights are $100 - normally, for a 5 night stay it would be $500. But you want to give them one night free the total would reduce to $400.

With the math above applying a 20% discount to all 5 nights, you reduce the rate to $80 per night.

$80 per night x 5 nights = $400 (the amount equal to 1 night free)

The Guest won't see just one night with no charge; they will see the discount applied on every night. You should make sure you are clear on the description of the rate to help avoid questions. 

Hope this helps,

Julia

Login or Signup to post a comment