Checking Out Guest with Balance Releases Authorization

Anytime a property checks out a guest with a balance, the PMS automatically releases the authorization on file.   There should be an option to allow the authorization to remain for a determined amount of time to allow for settlement.

Scenario:

Hotel Chelsea occasionally checks guests out with a balance when they need time to settle disputes or issues.  This allows the room to be cleaned for the next guest.  

The PMS automatically releases the auth. When it comes time to settle the balance, which is usually in a day or two, the guest will still see the original auth (since it has not cleared on their bank account) plus the payment.  They have to then explain to the guest that the original auth has been released and will fall off in a few days.

SNT Team

I would like to add to this and suggest perhaps having a prompt that will give you the option to release or keep the authorization when you check out a guest without settling the batch.

SNT Team

Mai Hana Hotel would also like this feature.

Forum User
This needs to be a thing. We have a hotel on I-Drive and guest constantly take towels, pillow, and other amenities in the rooms. We have to check out the guest when they arrive at the desk so we do not slow down the production of the housekeepers, but whence we check out the guest the authorization releases. We want to have the hold remain for 12 to 24-hours so that way the housekeepers have time to report any issues with the room and we can charge against that hold.
Forum User

This is a Needed thing!  We frequently have the scenario described above happen at our location as well regarding the need to have more time after checkout to assess for charges and sometimes damage.

Please make this a thing!

Thank you -Andrew

Forum User

Also...  I would add that maybe the only thing that needs to change is WHEN the trigger for the Authorization release happens...  

Could be the solution is to just remove the trigger that happens at Checkout and instead only keep the trigger action linked to when a payment is processed.

-thank you,

Andrew

Login or Signup to post a comment