print invoice from AR

Dear SNT team,

when trying to print the invoice from the AR account again, it currently shows only an information invoice. 

If the invoice was already printed, it should be a copy of the invoice, if not, it needs to be a normal invoice. 

Best regards,

Verena

Forum User

Any Update? need this also

Forum User

any news?

SNT Team

Dear Verena, 

Apologies for the delay in replying. 

The current intended functionality is as below: 

- Guest bill gets settled to DB -> this locks the bill on the guest staycard

- The DB settled bill is moved to AR

- Within AR Open tab, the bill itself can be modified )add charges, payments etc. Therefore whenever they re-print it from AR it will be and INFORMATION invoice 

- Only once the bill is paid and given an AR folio number will it print again as Invoice/ copy of invoice from the paid tab

- The detailed statement also shows the details of the invoices of the tab that a user is currently on (i.e. Open tab will print all invoices that still need to be settled, etc.

Thus we always recommend to re-print the guest invoice as it was at check out from the staycard or alternatively from the invoice search screen.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

The Product team

Forum User

Hello, thank you for the answer.

What I don't understand is this part:

- Within AR Open tab, the bill itself can be modified )add charges, payments etc. Therefore whenever they re-print it from AR it will be and INFORMATION invoice 

If a guest invoice is settled to direct bill, it receives an invoice number and is closed, so I should not be able to add charges here?

Adding the AR payment is clear, but not additional charges.

Yes, we reprint the invoice from the guest card, but it's an additional step and can be time-consuming if more invoices are needed.

Best regards,

Verena

SNT Team

Dear Verena, 

I understand now where the confusion is coming from. 

When a bill is settled to DB it is locked within the guest stay card (this the financial table within the database). So whenever you re-print it from the guest stay card they will always re-print as it was at the time of check out/ settlement. 

The DB settlement moved the invoice data to the AR module (this is a separate AR table in the database) where the bill opens again enabling the accountants to do necessary changes / settlements. Once they settle they will get a new Invoice number / folio number for the AR invoice. 

This is why the bill is open as the functionality is separated between the guest and AR. 

Hope this helps to clarify the confusion. 

Many thanks, 

The Product team

Forum User

Thank you for the explanation.

Login or Signup to post a comment