Set Country and Nationality as Mandatory fields in Groups

Currently it is possible to enter a new group without assigning a country and a nationality.

We would like to request to make these fields mandatory.

Thanks,

Guido Hulsbosch

SNT Team

Hi Guido,

We have decided to add the ability to add a default to the Group Summary screen. This way it is in the hands of the user creating the group to make it easy should the whole group come from the same Country / Nationality. However, this may not always result in correct data entry. In addition, Group / Nationality can be made mandatory at the time of check in, which is really when the hotel can collect the correct data from the guest. So with these two features you should be equipped with obtaining this information. Making the Group / Nationality mandatory as such at the time of group creation may actually result in skewed statistics and incorrect data for police reports and statistical information.

I think having the demographics on the group set up itself, should be a helpful tool for your users to add this information once it is available to them and it will copy to each guest of the group accordingly.

Thanks,

SNT Product Team

Forum User

Dear Nicki

Thanks for this reply.

Some observations:

1. I'm afraid that rather often the people in charge of creating groups simply forget to enter a value for the fields Nationality and Country, because these fields are not mandatory.

2. I fail to understand why making these fields mandatory at group creation would result in incorrect reports for the police.

3. When groups are checked in at Hotel Van Belle, the front desk use the 'group check-in' function, which checks in all members of a given group at the same time (see attachment). The check you refer to is apparently not implemented for this mass group check-in.

Kind regards from Brussels,

Hotel Van Belle team

Login or Signup to post a comment