Lightspeed Integration - Mapping of Taxes

We are using Lightspeed / SNT integration - and have our Product Grouos, Gratuities and Payents mapped.  However, Sales and Meals Tax (although Lightspeed indicates the data is available to be sent over) is not mapped to SNT.   Instead, SNT requires that we independly calculate the taxes on the revenues once they come over into SNT.

This seems very inefficient - if the taxes are accurately calculated in Lightspeed, I do not understand why we have to re-perform the calculation in SNT.  This causes minor variance between the two systems.  It especially causes a variance if a product or product group comes over as an "unmapped item from Lightspeed".  When this occurs, the taxes in SNT are inaccurate (and this is the source of what goes into our General Ledger).

Why would taxes have been left out of the confirmation (to enable mapping) between these two systems?

Can this be rectified?

1 Comment

Forum User

I have found and put in many tickets about calculation issues when it comes to this integration. What I can tell is to use the LIGHTSPEED report for the TAX's when reporting to the IRS.

In some cases I just started manually entering into our Accounting software as the integration math just seems to have to many issues. The amount of work to do this is large as we do lots of bill to room.

I know SNT and LIGHTSPEED have worked together and found some of the issues i found. My understanding is they are working on some fixes but I have not heard an update in some time on what the progress was.

Hopefully they will both get this figured out soon. As  to be honest and fair it is stepping backwards a bit. As most integrations today work well. We moved off Roommaster which had super tight integration with various POS systems - in one property we used Aloha and Roommaster and that integration worked well.

Login or Signup to post a comment