In Progress

Availability and pricing on one screen

It would be great if we can include pricing in the "availability" pull-over screen. Sometimes guests will want to look at a whole month or so and go over both availability AND pricing. As it is now, we can look over the availability for a month, but when we want to look at the price, we have to go back over the "new reservation" screen. Would love to see everything on one. 

Forum User

I second this request! It would make life a lot easier if we had once screen that showed the available rooms plus the rate 

Forum User

Yes!! I would also use this in the rate manager tool, not just when making a new reservation... I always have to have 2 windows open and toggle back and forth between them when making restriction and rate updates in rate manager based on availability.

Forum User

Bump 

Forum User

+1 for Schani Hotels

Forum User

Any update on this possible feature, Stay N Touch? Thanks!

Forum User

Hello all! Any update on this? We would really love this feature. I'd love to hear from someone. 

Thanks!

SNT Team

Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable feedback! On this item I have a question please - where would you like to see the rate and which rate would you like to see? Would this be per room type?

We currently show the same rate on the availability screen as you configure to see on the dashboard - see below. If we could get some more feedback on what exactly you would like to see here and where, we can further evaluate this request.

Many thanks!

SNT Product Team

Forum User

Hi Nicki. Thank you for the response! I have attached a screenshot (from a competitor's HMS system we used to use) that worked really well for us. Ideally, it would be nice to choose the "Rate" we want to look at first, and then it filters with price and date. It also might work best to not see a full 30 days (screen space) and maybe just make it to 7 or 14 days. 

Forum User

Any updates on this, SNT team? Thanks!

Forum User

This feature would be incredibly helpful!

Forum User

Would love this feature! 

Forum User

This would help us tremendously!

SNT Team

Thanks for some feedback already Matt. You say it should be possible to choose the rate - I am thinking maybe my point 3 below would work better for your specific request. In any case - some more thoughts from our side:

Hi,

A couple of questions to our forum users please:

1. What should this rate be - the lowest available rate of the day, depending on which it may be, of the PUBLIC category, but we would have to make sure that COMP and staff rates are flagged as such so won't appear. If we do this type of dynamic search, we will most likely have to reduce the date range to 15 days max. Or, can it be a set rate / defined as we do in the dashboard?

2. If we show rate by room type, which Occupancy would you expect to see? Single or Double by default?

3. Would this maybe make more sense within the Rate Manager screen? To have for example a toggle which will let the users choose between Rate Amount and Available rooms?

Just some thoughts - looking forward to your feedback.

THanks,
SNT Product Team

Forum User

Hello Nicki,

personally, I think that adding the availability in the rate manager makes more sense, as we also need to change the prices (of our BAR rate) accordingly, and changing the price is done via the rate manager. Doesn't need to be complicated, just adding the overall availability in % below the date would help a lot already. But ideally it shows both - not only either the rate or the availability. It's a lot to remember otherwise when managing the rates.

If not: let us choose the rate via the rate sequence, as I am sure every hotel requires a different one (or a toggle in the rate plan or whatever). Same for default, we would prefer single rate, as we have more business guests, but for other hotels it might be the other way round.

Best regards,
Verena

Schani Hotels

Login or Signup to post a comment