Restrictions display in rate manager

Good morning from Stockholm. 
I would like you to have a look on this problem. The restrictions for the furniture fair on Feb 06 and 07th were set last week. Please see a picture of how the restrictions looked like last week. 

------------------------

Hi again, 
yes, we only open this room type on FLEX if necessary. 
/Marcela 

------------------------

Hi Marcela,

Thanks for the additional details. Development will start looking at it right away. Let us know if you notice anything else.

To reply to this message, please visit this link:

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

Keep up to date on StayNTouch Platform Updates and Status Alerts:
Please visit and follow our status page!
Thank you

Caroline Rohner | Helpdesk and Support Manager
StayNTouch, A Shiji Group Brand
THE NEW WAY... TO HOTEL!

PS- take a 10 second survey and let me know how you feel! 

O: (301) 388-5478

------------------------

Hi Marcela,

When a new rate code is built, or room types are changed on exisiting rate codes, then the room type view on the rate manager no longer shows the restriction display - however the restriction is not actually being removed. 

I've reproduced what is happening in my training hotel.

I closed all room types for 19 May.

This in turn shows all my rates as being closed:

I then built a brand new rate code, called NEW RATE with all my room types:

When I go back to rate manager with the room type view, it"looks" like my restrictions have been removed:

However if you click into the grid, we can see the close restriction is still in place:

If we look at the RATES view, the red X from ALL rates is gone - this is because we have a new rate code (NEW RATE). New rates do not inherit existing restrictions. 

if I try to make a reservation for 19 May, I am only able to select NEW RATE:

Therefore the existing restrictions are not actually being removed.  The new RATE is visible on the rate manager without a restriction, but existing rates still display their restrictions.

I have put in a ticket with development requesting that they put in some sort of indicator to show us at first glance that restrictions exist - even if underlying rate codes /room  types have been changed after the restrictions were set. 

Please let me know if you have any further queries at this stage.

Kind Regards
Claire

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

------------------------

Hi there, 
Thank you for clarifying. These is the case of restrictions on rate plan level. How about room type level? 
If I  see that the moderate room bookings are coming again is because one of us  have created a new  charge codes with the room type included right? 
Shouldn´t  a restriction on room type level override restrictions on rate type?   I thought that the restrictions on room type level would override everything.
So being realistic we need to keep in mind that everytime we create a rate code either if it is at the headquarter or us locally we need to make sure to add the new rate code to all  the restrictions we have for the whole year.  This is very difficult if I cannot see what rate codes are bein pushed or created every day. What report can we use in order to track new rate codes created? 
What is the best way or recommendation for us if we want  to make sure that our restrictions go to all our rate codes new and old ones. Applying restrictions on Travelclick instead? 
Kind regards,
/Marcela 

------------------------

Hi Marcela,

I have created a feature request, requesting that the functionality is changed so that new rate codes will inherit the close restrictions applied to existing rate types. Here is the link to the feature: https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/24000008805 I encourage you to up vote the idea for more visibility. 

With regards to room type close outs being removed; It looks like the restriction is removed - but the restriction is still in place for the existing room types. I have logged a ticket with development for them to change this - so that the room type screen will always show an indicator that there are restrictions. See below screenshot from my previous message, the screen doesn't show any room type restrictions at first glance, however if you click into the grid, the close toggle is actually still on.

I believe if we can get these 2 changes motivated, they will resolve your current frustrations with the restrictions. 

Kind Regards
Claire

As you can see we had a close to arrival and minimum stay.  The moderate room type was closed.
Without removing or changing any restrictions, this morning the restrctions are gone.

Could you please clarify what is causing this problem because this is not the first time we experience this and we need to make sure that the restrictions are kept as we want them to be. 

The restriction removal must have happened from yesterday as we received two bookings yesterday from Expedia. 
Example : guest Cohen Joachim
I will reinstate the restrictions now.
Look forward to hearing from you soon. 
Kind regards,
/Marcela