Restrictions display in rate manager

Hi,
all my restrictions have disappeared again in Rover for First Hotel Millennium. I have contacted you regarding this earlier, but I have found extra examples now as well. We use “Rate Types” to close down in buckets, but as the other examples I have sent you for Millennium in rate type SPR (see attached email)  as well as a ticket (15237) in September, it seems they disappear randomly. The new examples are 5th August 2019, and 16+17 Oct 2019. 
The 5th August is showing that the restrictions is there once you open the Rate Type, but not in the overview. 
The 16+17 Oct is NOT showing that the restrictions is there and is not in the overview either. 

------------------------

Hi Marina,

Just to add to my previous update, I have put in a ticket with development requesting that they put in some sort of indicator to show us at first glance that restrictions exist - even if underlying rate codes /room  types have been changed after the restrictions were set. 

Kind Regards
Claire

To reply to this message, please visit this link:

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

Keep up to date on StayNTouch Platform Updates and Status Alerts:
Please visit and follow our status page!

------------------------

Hi Claire,
Yes, first of all the new rates that are added under a rate type should be applied with the same restrictions that are already set in the rate type category - it is set there for a reason. 
Second it is important that we see the restriction the actual place that we set them - if I search for the BAR rate and only see the restriction there, how am I supposed to know if they are set in 1 rate code, 29 rate codes, rom type, rate type? Per now we have to remember this manually, and that is not optimal. 

Could you look into the whole setup for where the restriction is shown? 
Thank you.
Best regards,
Marina 

------------------------

Hi Marina,

I have created a feature request, requesting that the functionality is changed so that new rate codes will inherit the close restrictions applied to existing rate types. Here is the link to the feature: https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/24000008805 I encourage you and your team to up vote the idea for more visibility. 

With regards to room type close outs being removed; It looks like the restriction is removed - but the restriction is still in place for the existing room types. I have logged a ticket with development for them to change this - so that the room type screen will always show an indicator that there are restrictions. See below screenshot from my previous message, the screen doesn't show any room type restrictions at first glance, however if you click into the grid, the close toggle is actually still on.

I believe if we can get these 2 changes motivated, they will resolve your current frustrations with the restrictions. 

Kind Regards
Claire

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

------------------------

Hi again Claire, 
We have already made this an feature request 7 months ago:  https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/24000006998 
The feedback we got 7 months ago was that you were "planning to make some changes to our Rate Manager in the coming months that will hopefully make this easier for you to manage. "
You can of course understand our frustration when this is an issue that you do not seem aware of at all. 
Regarding the case about seeing the restriction, it makes it very difficult to have to open every room type and rate code to know what restrictions that are there, and also it doesnt show what type of restrictions are set. Is it min stay through 2 nights or 4 nights? Is it set in room type, rate code or rate type? Like I mentioned, ideally we would like to se the restrictions where they are set additionally to where they apply. 

Best regards,
Marina 

------------------------

Hi Marina,

I completely understand your frustration and I fully understand what you would like to achieve.

As I mentioned, on top of the feature request I have linked both of these items to a development ticket which is now with the product manager. I have documented everything and strongly motivated why these changes to the rate manager are imperative. 

Kind Regards
Claire

msg