Restrictions display in rate manager

Hi. The hotel is closed during christmas and New Year and we have closed in Rover these days long time ago. We saw yesterday that everything in Rover was open again and this has happened even before. How can this be? Can you see in logs what has happened? I have asked the staff if someone has open but none have done any changes... 

------------------------

Hi Sussie,

Excellent! Thank you, this helps a lot.

Kind Regards
Claire

To reply to this message, please visit this link:

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

Keep up to date on StayNTouch Platform Updates and Status Alerts:
Please visit and follow our status page!

------------------------

Hi Sussie,

I've sent a ticket to development, I'll revert once we have some feedback.

Kind Regards
Claire

Please take a moment and let us know how you feel with this 10 second survey. Thanks in advance!

------------------------

Thank You Claire! 

------------------------

Hi Sussie,

Turns out the restrictions are not being removed, rather once a new rate code is built, or room types changed on a rate code, then the room type view on the rate manager no longer shows the restriction display without clicking into the field. 

I've reproduced what is happening in my training hotel.

I closed all room types for 19 May.

This in turn shows all my rates as being closed:

I then built a brand new rate code, called NEW RATE with all my room types:

When I go back to rate manager with the room type view, it"looks" like my restrictions have been removed:

However if you click into the grid, we can see the close restriction is still in place:

If we look at the RATES view, the red X from ALL rates is gone - this is because we have a new rate code (NEW RATE). New rates do not inherit existing restrictions. 

if I try to make a reservation for 19 May, I am only able to select NEW RATE:

Therefore the existing restrictions are not actually being removed.  The new RATE is visible on the rate manager without a restriction, but existing rates still display their restrictions.

I have put in a ticket with development requesting that they put in some sort of indicator to show us at first glance that restrictions exist - even if underlying rate codes /room  types have been changed after the restrictions were set. 

Please let me know if you have any further queries at this stage.

Kind Regards
Claire

------------------------

Hi Sussie,

Further to my previous mail;

I have created a feature request, requesting that the functionality is changed so that new rate codes will inherit the close restrictions applied to existing rate types. Here is the link to the feature: https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/24000008805 I encourage you to up vote the idea for more visibility. 

With regards to room type close outs being removed; It looks like the restriction is removed - but the restriction is still in place for the existing room types. I have logged a ticket with development for them to change this - so that the room type screen will always show an indicator that there are restrictions. See below screenshot from my previous message, the screen doesn't show any room type restrictions at first glance, however if you click into the grid, the close toggle is actually still on.

I believe if we can get these 2 changes motivated, they will resolve your current frustrations with the restrictions. 

Kind Regards
Claire

1 Comment

Forum User

Yes, this is a major inconvenience for hotels.  Even understanding what's going on, it's inconvenient.  The restriction application is really lacking.

Login or Signup to post a comment