New rates to inherit existing rate type / room type restrictions

Current Logic: 

If a new rate code is built, and there is an existing close restriction on the rate type - the new rate does NOT inherit the close restriction.

Logically speaking, if rate type "ABC" is closed, and we build a new rate code with type "ABC" - why should the new rate remain open, when we have distinctly closed the rate type previously. 

This is creating a lot of extra work to reapply restrictions after any rate changes are done.

Also, if head office adds rates, users at the hotel are not immediately aware of this, so rates are being left open for sale unintentionally since the restriction is not inherited. 

Forum User

This is a "must have" for us

Forum User

I will love to see this painful issue fixed. 

SNT Team

I have a client who is impacted weekly with manual work following the creation of new Preferred Corporate rates (negotiated rates) that the Sales team builds weekly based on their negotiation and build of the main parent rate.  The issue is that once the new child rate is created, they have to manually go in week to week ensuring that the blackout dates and minimum LOS are applied to the new child rate.  Would love to have the ability to copy the restrictions from the parent onto the child rates to minimize labor and potential errors.

Forum User

Yes, this is a super basic functionality in a lot of PMSs.  Please please.  I was just training a new colleague to take over for me, and it was a big frustration.  If I close out a specific room type, I have to go through and re-do it for an entire year every time I add a rate.  Close Outs along with MLOS, etc.  And not all our rates follow the same restrictions so it's very much needed.

Forum User

Very frustrating. This is a must. I work with many PMS systems and this is the only one i know of which does not allow this basic functionality. New rates are being built daily and they should pickup the restrictions in place buy either room or rate type. 

Forum User

This need to be fixed ASAP, really no reason for this "know issue" to remain undressed!  Over peak periods this idiosyncrasy could really effect over all ADR, I would not want a $169 rate being available when the BAR is $325.

Forum User

Any update on this, it's very frustrating!

Forum User

5 Years and no update? This should be a given.

Login or Signup to post a comment