Automatically send out a pre-check-in email

Automatically send out a pre-check-in email to walk-ins and guest who make reservations on the same date as the arrival date

In order to make this direct-to-room concept a success, there needs to be some sort of communication between rover and zest that will automatically send out a pre-check-in email upon seeing a new reservation. This will help in upselling guests at other properties.

Forum User

how to I manually send a pre-check in email for same day reservations?

Forum User

Hello Chelsea,

To send precheck in email for same day reservation you go to Settings/ Zest/ Guest Check in Set up and click on blue letters Send Precheck in email and find the email of the guest.  If you have CC only guarantee selected it will show only the guestas with CC guarantee reservations.

Forum User

yes, please! it seems like it should be such a simple thing to add that would save our staff from having to dig into the settings each time we get a same day reservation (which happens frequently all year round).

Forum User

I agree Reid! I've been asking for this request for over a year now, please be sure to voice how important this is to the success of your property!

Forum User

it is really important to us. for a company touting the many benefits of self check-in, this seems like a pretty obvious omission in how that part of the platform works.

Forum User

Please, please, please implement this. It is such a crucial missing piece of the self check in flow. Worse, the way that you manually send it is bafflingly hidden deep inside the settings (which regular employees don’t even have access to). If you can’t make it auto-send for same day reservations at least put it in a more logical place where our front desk employees can actually access it without needing privileges that far exceed what they need in the app. I gave my brand new front desk employee 2 additional levels of permissions and she still can’t access that screen.d

Forum User

Please, please implement this. It is such an important piece of the self check in process.

And if this can’t be done for some reason, at least relocate the “Send Check-in Emails” section somewhere that makes sense. Burying it in the Settings is not only confusing but also means we need to give our front desk staff privileges that far exceed what they need just to be able to get to that area. I was training a brand new employee today and gave her 2 additional levels of privileges in the app and she STILL wasn’t able to get where she needed to be to send those emails out. I don’t want to have to give everyone Hotel Admin just to send out self check in messages for same day reservations…

Forum User

this is needed to reduce the Check-In load on front desk agents especial as more customers are booking the same day as arrival. 

Login or Signup to post a comment