Expanded Rates information on confirmations

Looking to add more of a break out of rate information on Confirmation letters.  Many hotel clients have questions about the Average daily rate as that has Tax amounts added into it and they are looking for the rate information that they were quoted.   As well if rates change over dates there is no information to show the changes in the rates.

Looking to have rate information look more like what is given in the booking path.

Forum User

This is extremely necessary for my property. Tax inclusive rates do not make sense for US based hotels. This has caused a great deal of guest/corporate client confusion. 

Forum User

A number of my clients have requested this, as well.

Forum User

This would also be very beneficial for our property. Numerous customers are requesting break downs of rates and are confused when they see the average daily rate including taxes. 

Forum User

Agreed.  Rates are not quoted as tax inclusive, so to present as such is confusing to the guest.  

Forum User

Also agree. This has been extremely confusing for guests. Either giving the option to not include taxes, or to break the rate and tax out separately would be great. Sean, one suggestion would be to not separate tax inclusive vs exclusive. There are very few customers who will understand what that means.

Forum User

Is this planned yet? This is extremely necessary. Guests complain very often. 

Forum User

Any update on this?

Also, when a reservation is created. The first entry in the activity log only displays the rate for the first day in a multiple night reservation. Could this be changed for the activity log to display the rate of every single night the reservation was booked at please.

Forum User

I agree with everyone! It's strange that this hasn't been planned yet..

I asked today, how we can provide the guest with the rates specified per night and the SNT-team told me to send the guest a proforma invoice (??!!). Thats two different things, the guest wants the confirmation not an invoice! That's a work around that makes us look very stupid.

Login or Signup to post a comment