Outstanding balance prior of check-in

Currently, during the check-in, only the room prices including city tax is displayed as outstanding balance.

Any extra charges that has been booking on the reservation is not visible unless you open an pro-forma invoice.

My suggestion is to make total charges including everything that has been added on the reservation to be displayed upon check-in. 

Alternative to change the outstanding balance as 

Balance room: €

Balance extra's: €

To be displayed upon check-in.

Example:

SNT Team

Product Team,

The Sierra Meadows property would like to mitigate credit card issues related to expired cards or insufficient balances.  Sierra Meadows and other properties could benefit from the client specific option Require zero outstanding stay total to check in option that is a configuration option for a specific client.

Forum User

this is so, so critical. it is a huge issue that this setting inexplicably only works for one hotel. 

if the vision of stay n touch is to allow guests to self check in and check out, this setting is absolutely mandatory for that flow to work successfully.

again today we have a guest who was able to check in with a balance and then check out and leave with a balance. now that the guest is gone, we may lose the revenue for this stay because their card is declined. 

i really cannot emphasize enough how important this is. it has been a problem for us at least 2-3 times each month as guests are able to check themselves in without providing a new card.

again, if your vision for the platform is to let the guest do all of these things themselves, then you must provide the proper tools for us to run our business in this fashion. this setting is absolutely mandatory for achieving this. why it was built for one hotel but not rolled out to all of us (who desperately need it) is hard for me to understand.

Login or Signup to post a comment