Implemented

Extra Adult / Child Should Not Be Included in Parent Rate Based on Link

Rate calculation for child rates/contracted rates should be changed so the Extra Adult and Child rate is excluded from the $ / % update on the parent rate. The two fields should remain the same as the parent rate can be set/changed by the user.

Forum User

This is also inconsistent when setting up Rates and then using Rate Manager.

Forum User

My previous comment disappeared - I'm sure that I did it wrong :)

I cannot agree more with this feature being needed.  As designed, adjusting a price with the + / - feature changes the extra person/child rates at the same amount.  This means the design renders the feature useless - no one would ever intend to change pricing in this manner. Please exclude the adult/child from being adjusted when using the + / - feature in rate manager.  

In addition -  have shared rooms at my property.  So please make sure, when enhancing this, that I am still able to + / - my rates by any amount WITHOUT also changing the 2nd person.  i.e. I sell single beds in a shared room, so that means I price it for the 1st person and then the additional occupants are left BLANK as we don't accept them.  Max occ 1.  So  if I increase the first person by +$10, I do not want my 2nd person automatically changing unless I click the "apply to all occupancies" button.  This isn't a problem right now at all, but I just don't want that to impact any future changes!  Thanks!

Forum User

Hey!  It seems like you fixed this (though it doesn't say you fixed it).  Is that true?  

SNT Team

Please see the below knowledge article. Specifically, section under 'Extra Adult/Child Rates Calculated by the % Offset Min. Value for the Extra Adult/Child Amount.'  in this section you will find this feature has already introduced.

https://stayntouch.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/24000045828-rover-rate-relationships

Applies to:          Rover PMS             Rover Overlay

Rover Rate Relationships 

Rover is not designed to allow a single rate to become linked to a parent (Based On) rate after the fact. If you need a rate code to be based on another rate code, you will have to recreate it from Settings > Rates > Rates > +ADD NEW. If the rate has not been used yet, you can simply delete it and create a new one with the same code. If the rate has been used, you can change the code to be able to reuse it.

With that said, as of Release Notes (v5.12), we have significantly changed the way rates are configured in Rover. These modifications include changes to Based On/Copy From rates, Extra Adult/Child rates, and Parent/Child rate relationships. You can find an explanation of these changes below.

Extra Adult/Child Rates Calculated by the % Offset Min. Value for the Extra Adult/Child Amount

The EXTRA ADULT/CHILD MIN. AMOUNT THRESHOLD setting now found in Settings > Rates > Rates > +ADD NEW/Edit Rate updates Extra Adult/Child rates according to the amount specified. This prevents Extra Adult/Child rates from going to zero (or below a specific amount that’s based off the parent rate) when an offset is applied to the base rate.

Based On/Copy From Rate: Round to the Nearest 10 Decimals or Nearest Full Amount

When using the BASED ON/COPY FROM feature in Settings > Rates > Rates > +ADD NEW/Edit Rate, you can now select to round a rate up/down to the nearest 10 decimals or the nearest full amount.

Break Parent/Child Rate Relationship

If you have a child rate based on a parent rate, you can now navigate to Settings > Rates > Rates > +ADD NEW/Edit Rate, take that child rate, and remove the parent rate to make the child rate its own parent rate. That rate then acts as a parent rate and can be edited or modified as a standalone rate.

Link a Child Rate to a New Parent Rate

In Settings > Rates > Rates > +ADD NEW/Edit Rate, you can now take a child rate and move it from one parent rate to another parent rate. This child rate will accordingly inherit the new parent rate amounts.

Forum User

Is there an update on this? Extra adult being impacted by base rate offset should not happen.

Forum User

Should be able to setup Extra Adult and Child rate independent of rate link-  This is a big issue with packages and the only work around is to not link and this defeats the purpose of rate setting in our PMS systems.   When you have packages or any rate based on a Parent rate and it is not link you then have to go in and change each rate that is based on this rate.   For me that is 90% of our rates-  It is hard to understand why this is in issue in our PMS but i can get our Channel Manager to show the correct rates since the Channel Manager only pulls the single rate and we setup the additional person / child rates in the Channel Manager but then that puts our rates thru the hotel much higher than what we are selling thru Channel Manager due to the fact that our PMS does not have the ability to adjust Extra Adult / Child on a child Rate that is linked to a parent Rate- 

Login or Signup to post a comment