Implemented

Ability to Update Based On Rate

We are requesting a change to the Based On rate configuration. 

Currently, the only areas you can edit are the +/-, value, or $/%. If we could change the Based-On Rate, it would also need to update the pricing - based on the new rates pricing from the rate manager.

Also the restrictions on that rate should remain the same. There would need to be a check to verify which room types are available for the new rate (and update this as well).

Forum User

As well the ability to change the Based on Rate for Contract Rates.

The ability to set a rounding basis to derived rates (round up or down to nearest whole $ amount )   

Forum User

Do you have an update on when this might happen?  I know it's close but hasn't made the last few updates.  I'm still excited about this.

SNT Team

Hi Hillary,

We are working on leaving the Extra Adult and Child to be updated manually as they often don't follow the same %/$ difference. This should be coming in one of the next few releases. We are also working on a rate sync utility which let's you bring the child rate in sync with any parent rate updates through the rate manager.

We will keep you posted!

SNT Product Team

Forum User

1. Possibility to change Base Rate on the Child Rate -I spoke with a few colleagues from our different teams  - this will be Feature Requests that I want to ask you to create.

It will be two requests - Brake relationship between Parent and Child rate:

a) Child rate to be attached to different Parent rate

b) Child Rate to be detached from the Parent rate and stand on its own

Forum User

We really need this.  It comes up at least every other day as something that we need to use the system correctly.  Or interface with other systems.  Any update?

Forum User

Dear Hilary, 

I would like to ask for a little bit more information regarding the 2 feature requests: 

a) child rate to be attached to a different parent rate, would you mind to explain the business logic in which case you would use this functionality? 

Basic idea wold be: 
This would be permission based. It will be in the activity log. When a user will go into a child rate and update the existing parent rate to a new parent rate, the rates will not automatically update. The user would need to select the resync button in order for the rates to update.  Is there any the requirement in this case

b) Child rate to be detached from the parent and stand on its own:

Basic idea wold be similar to above: 
This would be permission based. It will be in the activity log. When a user will go into a child rate and remove the existing parent rate -> save. This will break the relationship between the 2 rates. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Regards, 

SNT Product team

Forum User

Good Morning!  Thank you so much for getting back to me on this.  This is a major concern for us, and we were just getting ready to reach out to you about it.

The logic behind it comes from things that we need to do, and may need to do periodically, over the course of the rate plan's life (in other words, we're not asking you to develop a feature we will only use once.  this will be used frequently, and will benefit all SnT properties...not just the Freehand Hotels)

In certain cases we need to be able to change the rate plan something is derived off of.  Maybe it's a contracted corporate rate that is changing from 10% to seasonal flat rates.  We need to be able to do that by detaching it from the current parent rate and making it standalone, where we can now build seasons off of it.

In other cases, we might just need to change the setup strategy.  Maybe previously we had something derived 10% off of a rate that's 5% and now we need to make it 0% off a rate that's 12% off BAR.  Right now, we can't do that without screwing up the parent and child rate...OR we'd have to rebuild a brand new rate plan, which messes up the continuity of the system.

In another case, maybe we wanted to move all of our room types onto a different rate plan for a pricing strategy.  I currently have 50% of my rates derived from BAR.  What I really need to do is sandwich a rate between those.....but I can't.  Does that make sense?  So pretend I need to create "New Rate Plan" and derive it off of BAR...and then I need to derive those 50% of my other rates off of "New Rate Plan."  I can't do that as they're already derived off of BAR and I'm unable to detach them.

I think that your ideas make sense as long as in both cases A & B we can reattach the child rate to another rate plan or leave it standalone.  It's fine that the rates won't automatically sync.  We can press that button.

***In addition....this request would be ideal in conjunction with being able to attach and detach rates from company cards and TA cards.  This is the 2nd of 2 items we desperately need.  There are already several requests open for that, but here's a copy/paste of one under my name:

TA Card and Company Cards - need to be able to link and unlink rate plans

Hillary Brunner
started a topic 4 months ago

We really need to be able to take existing rates and attach them to TA cards.  The fact that we have to first create the Card, then the rate is highly inconvenient.  If I could pick 5 things to change about SnT, this would be on my top 5.

Hillary Brunner
said a month agoFORUM USER

Any update on this?  This impacts front desk billing and routing as things manually interface onto cards that rates weren't built from.  In the case of Expedia, it can cause a loss of revenue if the team doesn't touch every single reservation before the guest arrives.  In the summer, we sometimes book 70 same-day Expedia reservations.

Forum User

I would also like to comment that when we link or unlink the child/parent rates from the rate plan that is DOES NOT affect current reservations that are utilizing the rate plan. It needs to be a standalone change on the back end - that does not affect existing reservations and the rates they were confirmed at.

We need the rates to be updated when we go to create a new reservation - which will be confirmed at the new rates.  But please please please ensure this DOES NOT affect already confirmed reservations when a resync of the new rates happen.

Thank you, Erin

Forum User

I would also like to comment that when we link or unlink the child/parent rates from the rate plan that is DOES NOT affect current reservations that are utilizing the rate plan. It needs to be a standalone change on the back end - that does not affect existing reservations and the rates they were confirmed at.

We need the rates to be updated when we go to create a new reservation - which will be confirmed at the new rates.  But please please please ensure this DOES NOT affect already confirmed reservations when a resync of the new rates happen.

Thank you, Erin

Forum User

Hi Hilary, 

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write up the requirement. I will add this to our features that we plan to release. I am not able to give you a timeline just yet. 

regarding the rates to co/ta cards, this is under discussion already and we are trying to find a best way to achieve this. This specific item is a little bit more complex however we will update you once I know more on the way forward and see if that would work wit your business case. 

Again thank you and wishing yo a good day, 

SNT Product team

Forum User

Hi Erin, 

This is exactly how it will work. 

When a user will switch a base rate to a new parent rate, the current and future reservations in the system will not be updated with the new rate details. This will only be effective for any new reservations created after the swtich. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Wishing you a good day, 

Regards, 

SNT Product team

Forum User

Any idea of when this is planned for?

Forum User

Hello! Is this on the roadmap for 2019? Thank you!

Forum User

Is there any update on the ability to apply rounding to remove decimals?

Login or Signup to post a comment