Overlay Troubleshooting Tips: Part 2
Can't Select a Guest or Room in Rover?
If you cannot select a reservation/room number in Rover, and as a result, you can only navigate to a few Rover screens, then these troubleshooting tips may assist you with resolving the issue.
TIP 1. REVIEW BUSINESS DATE
- Occasionally, the business date can indicate if there is a problem with Rover's connection to OPERA.
- To verify this, compare the business date in Rover Overlay and make sure that it matches the business date in your OPERA PMS.
o Matching Dates: If the dates are correct, it may mean the issue occurred in the last hour or so. Please proceed to Tip 2.o Dates Do Not Match: Further action is required. Please proceed to Tip 2.
TIP 2. CONFIRM THAT ROVER'S INTERFACE IS CONNECTED WITH OPERA
- From Rover’s Settings page, confirm that Rover is successfully connecting with OPERA.
- In Rover, choose External PMS Web Services from Settings > Interfaces.
- At the bottom of the page, click Test Connectivity.
- Review the message displaying at the top of the page.
- The desired message is a Connection Valid message.
- If the connection is unsuccessful OR if you are continuing to experience issues, proceed to Tip 3.
TIP 3. CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
- Reach out to a member of your IT Support team and ask them to verify that your OPERA Access Points are running correctly.
- Also, if you are not able to select or open rooms in Rover, be sure to verify that the following Housekeeping Report is running: OPERA Access Point-Housekeeping.
Who Should You Contact?
- Reach out to your IT Support team, or if your property is a hosted environment, please escalate the issue to OPERA/Oracle Support.
- In your support question, ask to verify that your OPERA Access Point Services are running.Tech-Note: Depending on how your property operates, an Automatic or Manual message will display when reports are running.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT REQUIRED?
- If after completing the items on this checklist you continue to experience problems, please submit a support ticket to StayNTouch.
- Please be as detailed as possible when submitting your query to StayNTouch's Helpdesk (explain the scenario and include screenshots if possible).
Note: Please include an overview of your question, indicating that you already completed the troubleshooting tips in this article.