StayNTouch’s Rover is a robust property management software that frees your staff from the front desk. Our PMS is accessible on multiple devices, including desktops, smartphones, and tablets, and offers many operational efficiencies tailored to suit your property’s business practices. Built in Rover’s design philosophy, StayNTouch’s PMS brings new, focused attention to enhancing the way hotels operate, in addition to offering upsell options that encourage revenue-generating opportunities for your property.
Checkmate is a text-messaging interface that connects your property and guests via text message communication. With both Rover and Checkmate working together, your property can exchange text messages with guests during check-in, check-out, and pre-check-in.
OVERVIEW OF SETUP
Step 1. Click the Sidebar Menu Icon
- After logging-in to Rover with your unique username and password, select the Sidebar Menu Icon.
Step 2. Navigate to Rover Settings
- Select Settings from the pop-out menu, then click Settings again.
Step 3. Locate Text Messaging Interface
- From the settings options, click Interfaces.
- Select Text Messaging.
- Lastly, click Checkmate.
Step 4. Activate API Access Configuration
- From the Checkmate Setup page in Rover, click the configuration toggle to turn this interface ON.
- The toggle is ON when it is right-facing and displays in green.
Step 5. URL and Access Token
- When the toggle is set to ON, two blank fields will appear for the URL and Access Token.
- In Rover, enter the corresponding URL and Access Token in the fields provided.
Step 6. Locating the URL and Access Token
- The URL and Access Token will be provided to you by Checkmate. You can locate this information in Checkmate by selecting Business > Data Integrations.
o The URL is the first component of the URL and follows a "https://..." format.
- Checkmate will provide a single URL that contains both the URL and the Access Token.
o The Access Token is a the second part of the URL and is a series of numbers, letters, and dashes.
- After entering the URL and Access Token in Rover, make sure to click Save Changes.
Step 7. Success!
- Well done! You’ve successfully set up Rover PMS with Checkmate!