How to Pair the iCMP Device and iPad
The iCMP Ingenico device is a credit card reader and room key encoder for the iPad. These instructions will show you how to pair or (when necessary) un-pair your iCMP device with an iPad. This process takes no more than 1 minute to complete.
Before You Get Started
- The Rover App needs to be downloaded onto the iPad first. Make sure you can locate the Rover App on the iPad before beginning the pairing process.
- If the iCMP was previously paired to another device, unpair first by pressing the F key 4+ times until the display shows BT Pairing Required.
One iCMP Per iPad
Example: (iCMP #1 and iPad #1, iCMP #2, and iPad #2)
- It is only possible to pair one iCMP device with one iPad.
- We recommend creating label stickers for paired devices, so the hotel staff will always have the correct iCMP device with the correct iPad.
Turn on the iPad’s Bluetooth Settings
Step 1. Navigate to the iPad's Settings App
- Open the Settings application on the iPad.
Step 2. Press the Bluetooth Button
- Select Bluetooth.
Step 3. Toggle ON
- Click the toggle to turn ON.
- Stay on the Settings screen.
Pair the iCMP and iPad Devices
Step 1. Turn ON the iCMP Device
- Press the ON button on the side of the iCMP device.
- The ON button is located beside the charging port.
Step 2. Wait for the iCMP Home Screen
- Wait for the screen to fade to the BT Pairing Required message (ignore the copyright message).
- Once you see the BT Pairing Required message, you’re ready to begin pairing.
Step 3. Begin Pairing by Pressing the F1 Key (4x times)
- Press the F1 key to begin pairing.
- The iCMP will display a list of active Bluetooth Devices.
Step 4. Select Your Device
- On the iCMP device, highlight the iPad with which the device is being paired and press the green Enter key.
- Note: As you can see from the example, this iPad's name is "iPad Black". You can find the name of your iPad on the Bluetooth Settings page.
Additional iCMP Buttons:
F2: Use the F2 key to Scroll Up.
F3: Press the F3 key to Scroll Down.
F1: Use the F1 key to Page Up.
F4: Press the F4 key to Page Down.
Step 5. Now Displaying: Your PIN Number
- Now, the iCMP will generate and display a unique, secure pairing PIN number.
- Example PIN: 58141911
Step 6. Enter Your PIN and Press Pair
- Now your iPad will automatically display a blank numeric entry screen.
- Enter your PIN number exactly as it appears on the iCMP.
- Press Pair on the iPad.
Step 7. Allow the iPad to Connect
- The iPad device will display the iCMP name and show the status of the pairing process.
- Once completed, a Connected message will appear.
Step 8. iCMP Shows StayNTouch
- The iCMP screen will display the StayNTouch logo when the device has successfully paired with iPad.
- Note: This may take a few seconds after the iPad display shows a Connected status. Please be patient while the devices complete pairing.
Step 9. Success!
iPad: The iCMP Device Number appears as Connected on the iPad.
- Both the iPad and the iCMP are successfully paired when the following screens display:
iCMP: The StayTouch logo appears on the iCMP device.
Additional iCMP Buttons
Turn OFF the iCMP Device
- Press and hold the yellow button and the # button.
- To cancel the pairing process, press the red button.
How to Un-Pair the iCMP and iPad
Until an un-pairing action is taken, paired devices (like the iCMP and iPad) will remain paired with one other.
*Normal business operations should not require un-pairing; however, situations may arise where the iPad device fails or the battery becomes discharged. This section describes the un-pairing process in special cases where it becomes necessary to un-pair.
Note: The un-pairing process must be performed on both the iPad and iCMP devices – starting with the iCMP device – before pairing to another iPad device can be accomplished.
Step 1. Press the F Key (4x times) to Unpair
- Press the F key four+ times to unpair the iCMP device. There will be a few consecutive beeps.
Step 2. Check Screen: Final Step for iCMP
- Once the device is unpaired, the iCMP device will display the message BT Pairing Required.
Step 3. Open Bluetooth Settings on the iPad
- Open the Settings application on the iPad to remove the BT pairing from the iPad, as well.
Step 4. Press the Bluetooth Button
- Select Bluetooth.
Step 5. Press the "i" Info Button
- At the far right hand side of the iPad screen, press the "i" info button
Step 6. Forget This Device
- A screen will appear on the iPad device that reads, "Forget This Device." Press the "Forget This Device" button
Step 7. Confirm Action on iPad
- A message will appear to confirm that you'd like to "Forget this Device." Click OK to confirm the step.
Step 8. Check Display: Final Step for iPad
- The un-pairing step is complete when the iCMP device no longer shows on the Bluetooth iPad screen.