Check-in is the process of announcing a guest(s) arrival at your hotel. Depending on your property’s unique Rover configurations (coupled with the details of the individual guest’s reservation), you may notice slight differences during check-in. Listed below are a few examples of settings that may affect Rover's check-in process:
- Room Assignment: Does the arriving guest have a room, or does the front desk agent need to assign one?
- Room Upgrade/Upsell: Does your hotel want to offer room upsell options during check-in?
- Queue or Advanced Queue: Is the Queue setting enabled for your property?
- Key Creation: How does your hotel create and administer guest’s room keys?
Step 1. Locate the Reservation
- Begin Check-in by retrieving the arriving guest’s reservation from the Dashboard page.
- In most cases, a user will retrieve a reservation by entering the guest's reservation details into the Search Bar or from the Arrivals page.
o Guest's name (Rover needs just two letters to begin pulling results)
- The user may search for a reservation in the Search Bar by entering any of the following:
o Guest's room number (Rover needs at least one number to search by room number)
o Confirmation number or external reference number (five number minimum)
Step 2. Stay Card
- After selecting the arriving guest’s reservation, Rover will open up the guest’s Stay Card.
- The Stay Card for an arriving guest is denoted with a green Check In button.
Step 3. Registration Page
- After selecting the Check In button, Rover will direct the user to the Registration page.
- The Registration page is where:
Note: There are cases where Rover will prompt the user to complete additional actions before check-in can be completed (room assignment, room upsell, or collecting guest payment).
Step 4. Assign the Guest a Room (Required for Check-in)
- If the arriving guest still needs to be assigned a room, Rover will prompt the user to assign a room type and room number to the guest on the Room Assignment screen prior to check-in.
- The user can also assign a room by clicking the Room section on the Stay Card.
Step 5. Upsell/Upgrade Room Type (Optional)
- If the Upsell Rooms setting is turned on for your hotel, upgrade options will display on the Room Assignment page.
- Rover can be configured to force upsell options. To learn more about the upsell setting, click here.
Step 6. Collect Guest Signature/Terms and Conditions
- Once on the Registration page, present the iPad/tablet to the guest.
- Depending on your hotel’s Rover settings, your hotel may require the guest's signature and agreement to your property's Terms and Conditions.
- Select the Complete Check-in button.
Step 7. Create Room Keys
- Rover makes it easy for your hotel to manage how room keys are created. You may choose either to:
- Create keys from the iPad with the iCMP Ingenico device.
- Scan a QR code at a designated Zest Station. The QR Code can be emailed to guest or the iPad/tablet.
Step 8. Check-in Complete
- You’ve successfully completed check-in when the guest’s Stay Card displays a Check Out button and their reservation appears in the Stayovers page.