Release Notes (v2.7)
- Now your property can add a guest-facing message explaining your cancellation policy. This message will appear at the bottom of the guest’s confirmation email. Learn more here.
- Rover now supports the Norwegian Krone (NOK) currency. The currency symbol in Rover will appear as a “kr”. A StayNTouch Installer can configure this currency for your property.
Improving Check-In with EMV:
- We made several enhancements to the authorization flow during check-in when EMV is enabled.
If there is any authorization to be secured, a request is sent to the EMV Terminal.
When there is no credit card on file, the user can collect the authorized amount or opt to continue without authorization.
When there is credit card on file, the user should be able to secure the authorization on EMV terminal.
Comtrol: Tip Charge Code
- StayNTouch Installers can now map Comtrol tip charges to a Rover charge code (Interfaces > Comtrol > Generic Mapping). Tips will always be routed to the external value 295 in Comtrol.
iHotelier: Inclusive vs Exclusive Tax
- For rates with inclusive or exclusive taxes, we ONLY send iHotelier the Amount Before Tax (not the Amount After Tax). The rate and tax will always be separate in our messages to iHotelier; we never “bundle” this information.
- Inclusive Tax: A reservation is booked at a rate of $90 and the tax is $10. In this scenario, the guest will see a $100 charge on their bill, because the tax is inclusive. In the message to iHotelier; however, the price will be listed as Amount Before Tax ($90) and the Taxes Amount ($10).
- Exclusive Tax: A reservation is booked at a rate of $90 and the tax is $10. In this scenario, the guest will see two separate charges on their bill, one listing the rate price ($90) - as well as a “sub-charge” indicating the tax ($10). In the message to iHotelier; however, the price will be listed as Amount Before Tax ($90) and the Taxes Amount ($10).
More Automation Added to Snapshot Interface:
- We’ve added automation to the CSV reports that are being generated for comparison purposes, so every time a full export is triggered to Snapshot, a CSV file for validation will also be generated and sent to an email address until user decides to turn this validation off.
- We began laying the groundwork for a new interface, RevControl RMS (Settings > Interfaces > Revenue Management System). We’re also working to support inbound messages (from PMS to RevControl) and outbound messages (from PMS to RevControl).