The Complete Guide to Rover & Zest
Effective: 11 May 2017
This document is a collection of all the product enhancements and new functionality released over the past four months. We encourage you to review the Rover and Zest sections to learn all about the newest features and enhancements available to your property.
ROVER: IMPORTANT UPDATES
With each new tab/window that is opened, users can access additional properties associated with a particular property in Rover. A single login is required, and the user must have been granted access to the property to navigate to it.
CALENDAR AVAILABILITY API
The calendar availability API returns the best available rate details per day, including the availability, room type, rate amount, and restrictions. The request cannot exceed 92 days (3 months).
The upsell API provides room upsell information to 3rd party vendors that can then be presented to the guest. (Room availability will be verified in OPERA for Rover Overlay properties.) Rover will display the room type code and upsell amount for the available room types.
MASTERCARD BIN NUMBER
MasterCard currently uses the BIN range of 510000–559999. Beginning June 30, 2017, anyone accepting MasterCard payments may be able to accept the new “2 series BIN” of 222100–272099. The new BIN range will be used in the same way as the existing range. Contact your property’s credit card vendors for more details.
ZEST: GUEST-FACING ENHANCEMENTS
Purchase Add Ons During Check In
- Guests can discover and purchase add ons during check in with Zest Web. All the available addons will be listed on a single screen. Users must scroll down to see more add ons. To organize the ordering of these add ons, navigate to Settings > Zest > Add Ons. Add ons closer to the top of the page will be ordered before items listed at the bottom of the page. Submit a support request to enable this functionality at your property.
Purchase Add Ons During Check In:
- Guests can discover and purchase add ons during check in with Zest Station. Six add ons will appear per page, and pagination prompts allow the guest to browse for additional add ons. Only available add ons will appear for selection. To organize the ordering of these add ons, navigate to Settings > Station > Add Ons. Add ons closer to the top of the page will be ordered before items listed at the bottom of the page. Submit a support request to enable this functionality at your property.
Add On Descriptions Display in Another Language
- When translations are configured, guests will see translated text for the add on pop-up. Translated sections include (1) the add on’s name, (2) alternate description, and (3) suffix during check-in with Zest Station or Zest Web. Submit a support request to enable this functionality at your property.
Offer Room Upsell
- Guests can opt to purchase a room upgrade during check in from Zest Station. An upgradable room type must be available for selection at the time of check in. A hotel admin can specify the maximum number of upsells available per day based on the “tier” type of the room. Submit a support request to enable this functionality at your property.
Generate QR Code with OPERA Reservation Name
- Overlay properties have the option to generate room keys with a QR code based on the OPERA reservation name, instead of the Rover system id. To configure, navigate to Settings > Rooms > Room Key Delivery > QR Code Delivery > and select Opera Reservation Name ID).
DO NOT MOVE SETTING (WEB & STATION)
Respect Do Not Move Setting
- When a reservation is set to "do not move" on the Stay Card, the reservation should not be moved out of that room (since it may have a special set up for the guest or the guests may have requested to be next to another room). For Zest Web, the upgrade offer should not show for any reservation with the "do not move" flag marked on their reservation.
ACTIVITY LOG (WEB & STATION)
Add Ons Tracked in Activity Log
- As add ons are purchased or removed by a guest during check-in for Zest Web or Zest Station, the entry is recorded in the Activity Log. Because this action is guest-initiated, the note GUEST-SELF will appear under the USER NAME space in the Activity Log.