Retrieve Rover App Log from iPad
In order to assist with troubleshooting, StayNTouch Support may need to review Rover app log files from the iPad device on which an issue occurred. These steps explain how to retrieve the log .txt files, so you can forward the files to StayNTouch Support.
LOCATE THE ROVER APP LOG
Step 1. Open the iTunes App
- Plug the iPad into the computer via the USB port.
- Open the iTunes app.
- Then, select the device icon. (Depending on your settings, iTunes may pop open automatically—or it may be necessary to manually open it).
Step 2. Choose Apps & Scroll
- Next, select Apps in the left margin.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page on the right side of the screen.
Step 3. Save To Your Desktop
- Once you've scrolled to the bottom, select the Rover app icon.
- To the right side of the screen, select Logs.
- Next, either drag the log file to your desktop or use the Save to... button to save the log file to a preferred location on your computer (such as the Downloads folder, Desktop, My Documents, etc.).
Step 4. Save and Forward the Text File
- The Logs folder on your computer will have a number of .txt files.
- Please forward the text file logs for the specific dates that StayNTouch Support needs to review to research the issue you are reporting.