In Progress

Auto Deposit Collection for Same Day Bookings

Submitted on behalf of TWA

TWA Hotel enforce strict deposit policies and they do a ton of same day bookings. The Auto Collection process for deposits only happens during End Of Day process. This means that when a reservation is made for the same day of arrival there is no deposit collected. Often these rooms no show and the credit card declines causing the hotel to lose revenue, as they could have cancelled and sold the room to another customer. They are requesting the ability to have a batch deposit function that they can run on demand in order to capture deposits for same day bookings. 

Forum User

This would be very helpful for Silver Collection Hotel. Please advise on development timeline.

SNT Team

Hi, we have added a setting on the deposit policy for 'Instant Payment' - this should - I hope - cover most of the scenarios. This is obviously only for x% deposit on booking. Would love to hear feedback on whether this resolves some of the operational pain.

@Veronica, we will need to look at the day of arrival request separately.

Thanks,

SNT Product Team

Forum User

@Nicki, it's not clear to me if the Instant Payment can be configured for only same day bookings or if it's going to try and collect Payment instantly on all bookings. Please clarify.

I can already collect a % on a booking a specific number of days prior to arrival.

SNT Team

HI @Jennifer. Instant Payment is meant to be processed at time of booking. Does not matter if it is in the future or not. So as soon as the reservation is made the payment would be processed immediately. 

Forum User

yes, please! this would be one less thing for our front desk staff to have to remember.

Forum User

Based on what James is saying I'm not sure this would really help address the core issue here which is same day bookings.. turning on Instant Payment sounds like it would charge all reservations at the time of booking which would break our current deposit/cancellation policies. I may well be misunderstanding but that's what it sounds like to me.

SNT Team

@Reid, that would only impact bookings with rate codes that have a deposit policy attached configured to process payments on desposits due at time of booking with instant payment selected. It would not override any of your existing deposit/cancellation policies. 

Forum User

needed for Schani Hotels as well please.
Either batch deposit or more automated runs at specific times.

Best regards,
Verena

Forum User

Dear SNT team,

instant payment doesn't really help in case of same day bookings. Only for part of them. If the deposit charge in the rate code is set so that the EOD charges e.g. 1 day prior to arrival, it doesn't help.

For nonrefundable reservations, instant payment is great! Also for same day reservations.

But not for standard rates.

Best regards,
Verena (Schani Hotels)

Forum User

Some virtual credit cards can only be charged after 12 o'clock on the day of arrival, for those it would be important as well if there is an additional auto collection process for deposits.

Login or Signup to post a comment