Implemented

Option to make the email a mandatory field

The option to make the email field a mandatory field by property. Capture an email address from every guest so when checking in a guest or making a reservation, the team member won’t be able to complete the process unless an email address is entered. A company could only require the "@" symbol and a "." so this cannot be completely accurate and data integrity will be compromised.

Forum User

2 YEARS???? COME ON GUYS!!!!  This should be a no brainer. We have toggle switches for MOTHER? FATHER? but not ADDRESS? Who needs to know mother and father as mandatory fields but no one added that addresses might be something we want to make mandatory? Seems like a real easy fix and here this person requested it 2 years ago? Come on. GET THIS DONE!

Why aren't addresses mandatory fields in the reservation and or guest folio / stay card? I am finding that staff are not filling them in and wed like to capture those. Ive checked all the settings sections under hotel, reservations, etc and there are simply no toggles that make the address field mandatory yet there are for Father? Mother? Country? Any help or have I missed something?

Forum User

Why aren't addresses mandatory fields in the reservation and or guest folio / stay card? I am finding that staff are not filling them in and wed like to capture those. Ive checked all the settings sections under hotel, reservations, etc and there are simply no toggles that make the address field mandatory yet there are for Father? Mother? Country? Any help or have I missed something?

2 years later and STILL NO MANDATORY ADDRESS? Should be an easy toggle to add to a field that already exists. Come on guys - GET THIS DONE!

SNT Team

Please add more guest card fields to the "Guest Card Fields" menu found in settings --> cards --> Guest Card Fields. 

We would like to have the option to make address, phone, email etc mandatory.  These fields are available for company/travel agent cards, please apply the same for guest cards. 

Forum User

I could not agree more that the email, phone number, address and first and last name need to be mandatory fields when creating a reservation or guest profile. Thank you.

Forum User

Please make all fields on the guest card have the ability to be toggled to mandatory.

SNT Team

added a public note
5 hours ago (Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 1:01 PM)

Thank you for pushing this request. In this day of COVID it is vital that we know where all our guest are coming from by City.
Karen
Forum User

Any updates on this basic feature? 

SNT Team

Vero Beach Inn & Suites would like for the email address to be made mandatory. 

Forum User

PLEASE give us an option to make email a mandatory field in the reservation process!!!!

Forum User
Pacifica Hotels is also quite interested in this functionality.
SNT Team

Hi Forum Contributor,

I wanted to make sure you were aware that this feature exists.  Here is a short video that shows you how to set it up.  Please reach out to your CSM should you have any further questions.  Take a look: Guest Card Fields

Login or Signup to post a comment